If you finish the sentence if your dental hygiene experience is … with some type of positive adjective, such as wonderful, enjoyable, fun, effective, and so on and so forth, then it sounds like you’ve got your home care down pat! However, if you end the sentence with a somewhat more negative term, then our Columbia, TN team would like to remind you: Your hygiene experience can be a good one! While you may assume that the brushing and flossing you’re working your way through at the moment probably leaves no room for change, that’s absolutely not true! Let us know how you’re feeling and we will offer suggestions that can let you enjoy a complete 180 with your hygiene routine!
We want you to immediately consider the fact that dental hygiene doesn’t need to feel like a chore. If it does, then it probably means you find it to be boring or annoying in some way. There’s probably something that’s making you wish you could just skip it. So, take a moment to ask yourself what that is? It may be one thing. It may be multiple factors. Fortunately, when you consider them and make choices to improve them, you may find that you don’t mind brushing and flossing so much, after all. Some possible culprits include:
- You dislike the flavor of certain products (change them!)
- You don’t like the shape or model of your toothbrush (try something new)
- Your floss texture is displeasing (start over!)
Now, if your dental hygiene is uncomfortable in any way, this is no good! There are definitely some things you need to consider right away, in order for things to improve:
- It could be you. Ask yourself if you’re pressing hard or rushing. If so, take more time and ease up. If comfort is back on the scene, then just remember to practice gently.
- It could be an oral health issue. See our team as soon as you can, so we can offer any necessary restorative care. Your hygiene will then feel comfortable again!
Are you feeling confused during dental hygiene? Not sure how often to brush, how long to brush, how to brush, and the same applies to the flossing portion of your routine? If so, then it’s time to schedule a dental checkup with our team!
Make Dental Hygiene Better With Our Tips
Remember that there are always different ways to approach your dental care at home to make your experience more enjoyable, more effective, etc. Let our team know if you need help when we see you next! To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, call Creekside Family Dental Care in Columbia, TN, today at (931) 388–3384.