Often, patients have questions about the dental services we offer. In order for people to better understand the procedures we employ to protect their smiles, your Columbia dentist, Dr. David Foster, provides a fun and informative quiz. With this quiz, Dr. Foster explains how our array of dental care techniques can return your smile to full function and appearance.
1. True or False: Dr. Foster offers treatment for gum disease.
2. True or False: Patients can receive complete smile makeovers.
3. True or False: For children, Dr. Foster protects their teeth with dental sealants.
4. True or False: Dr. Foster uses high-tech and low-radiation digital x-rays.
Dental Quiz Answer Key
1. True. Your Columbia TN general dentist will diagnose the severity of your periodontal disease before recommending treatment. For advanced periodontitis, Dr. Foster may use innovative laser treatment. Using safe and comfortable dental lasers, Dr. Foster can remove the infected tissue and ease your gum disease symptoms.
2. True. With a smile makeover, Dr. Foster uses a combination of cosmetic and restorative procedures to improve the appearance of your smile. Smile makeovers run the gamut from conservative to extensive depending on a patient’s need.
3. True. Dental sealants are thin layers of plastic material applied to the molars in the back of the mouth. Children often have trouble reaching these teeth when brushing and flossing. As a result, food often adheres to the surface or becomes stuck between teeth, increasing the risk of tooth decay. Sealants help prevent cavities and wear away naturally with time.
4. True. Digital x-rays use over 80% less radiation than traditional x-rays. Furthermore, the x-rays don’t require to chemical development and can be viewed instantly.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Columbia TN General Dentist
How well did you do? If you have any more questions or concerns about our unique dental procedures, then talk to your Columbia TN general dentist today. Dr. Foster offers the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to improve smiles for the whole family. Schedule an appointment our 38401 dentist office by calling (931) 388-3384. We welcome patients from Columbia, Spring Hill, Mt. Pleasant, Lewisburg, Lewisburg, Hohenwald, Centerville and surrounding communities.